Fellowship in Sexual and Reproductive Medicine – Urology
University of South Florida (USF) – American Confederation of Urology
Type of Fellowship: Clinical and Surgical.
Available Research: Clinical or basic / laboratory research
Fellowship Director: Rafael Carrión, M.D.
Institution: University of South Florida Morsani School of Medicine
Tampa General Hospital
James A. Haley Veteran’s Hospital
Morsani Ambulatory Surgery Center
Location: Tampa, Florida Duration: 12 months
Salary – USF: Approximately 62 thousand dollars annually.
CAU Scholarship: $ 1,500 for travel expenses.
Start Date: July 1, 2021
Application Closing Date: January 15, 2021
– Have completed a formal urology residency (In the USA or another country)
– Have completed USMLE Step 1, 2CK, 2CS, and 3.
– For international candidates have the ECFMG Certificate
– Speak, write and understand the English language (TOEFL certificate or similar)
Visa processing: Responsibility of the Interested Party
Description of the Fellowship:
The fellow will have full autonomy in the operating room with the opportunity to lead and teach residents, all under the supervision as well as the expert direction of Dr. Rafael Carrión. The fellow will be part of the group of urologists, and will have privileges in all institutions associated with the University of South Florida, including the Tampa General Hospital, James A. Haley Veteran’s Hospital and Morsani Ambulatory Surgery Center. The fellow will have the space and time for their own clinic with patients and the operating room in each of these institutions.
As a member of the urologist group of the urology department at the University of South Florida, the fellow should participate in resident education as well as weekly educational conferences, journal clubs, and grand rounds. The “FELLOW” will also be part of the role of guards of the group of urologists of the urology department of USF.
After completing the program, the fellow will receive a certificate from the University of South Florida (USF) as proof of having completed the fellowship.
Application for the Fellowship:
1. Letter of application, and explaining your interest in the area of urological subspecialty
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. 2 letters of recommendation
4. Be a member of a society affiliated with the American Confederation of Urology
5. Endorsement of the society affiliated to the American Confederation of Urology
CONTACT: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org